First off a little about Altar.io & 10kStartup. We are Daniel, Joao, Paolo and Andre and we are a London and Lisbon based team of second-time founders with plenty of successes and failures on our belts across different segments: Marketplaces, Tourism, Music, Marketing Automation, Procurement Systems, Real Estate (the list goes on..). Each of us started as a Startup CEO, Designer or Developer between the (now far away) years of 2010 to 2012. In total, we’ve created 11 companies, sold two at a profit, four companies closed and five are still in existence.
In Summer 2015 we got together and founded Altar.io as a development consultancy targeting corporations that are looking for great Product (we call product to the one voice of Brand, UX/UI and functionality). On average our clients benefited from a core conversion metrics increase of 134%. Yes, investing in a great Product does pay off!
Fast forward to October 2016, we discussed what could be of real value to the dozen first-time founders who approached us in the last 12months looking to develop their MVP or have us as their CTO.
“First timer” issues: What do all first-time founders have in common? A shiny idea, a tight budget and a short skill set (no developers or no designers or no sales or no product talent). That’s what we set out to change!
The goal is your idea/startup at your fingertips in 30 days with 10kStartup
So how can we make your MVP real in 4 Weeks?
- We have a conversation with you and we dive deep into your customer problem/solution to extract the user’s top priorities (aka user stories) that will fit in your MVP.
- Our Product experts create a simple spec sheet with all the demands of your project and deliver you a Stakeholders Analysis and User Stories.
- We design the main screens and their UX flows and deliver you UX wireframe and UI mockups.
- Our top-talent developers start the Software Architecture foundations/API structure
Week 2 and 3:
- We do all the Frontend and Backend Development within this two-week sprint
- We test together and go over all bugs.
- We deploy Tracking/Metrics
- Launch day (we bet you will be so happy you will want to launch on Product Hunt too!)
Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Q: So what fits in an MVP?
A: The answer is – it depends. We will listen to your vision of your MVP. If it is just too big for us we will tell you right away and discuss how we try to help you focus on the main core features to build in order to test the market. Aligning with the Lean and Agile methodologies to build efficiently for the web.
Q: Is this a one-man developer + cheap template show or a real team?
A: It’s a real team. You will be in touch with one of the product managers who will talk about priorities, UVP and strategy with you. After, out top 1% talent team deal with the execution.
Q: Can I use my own designs?
A: Of course you can. If you have your own design, that means you have already made a deep product study about your future customers. However, we will always take the chance to advise you in case we think you need a revision on the Product study.
Q: Which tech stack do you code in?
A: The best web and mobile (non-native) frameworks, have a look here to find out more.
How about you and your idea? We would love to know more!